Thursday, December 27, 2012

Of Living Intensely...


I watched the latest installment of the "Jason Bourne" series last night, The Bourne Legacy, starring Jeremy Renner. Despite a scattered start, it kept me pretty entertained and engaged. As I was watching the movie, I was thinking about how the "bad guys" were portrayed in this and just about every other espionage thriller, and I started wondering how many people in the real world live their lives with such sheer intensity and drive. Yes, I realize it's a standard Hollywood stereotype, but it has to be based on someone, right? Could someone actually live their day-to-day life scheming and watching their back? Think about it- even your most dedicated and ominous mastermind/right-hand man/henchman wants to have a day off and a cocktail sometime, right?

Of all the people I consider friends, I don't think I know one person who has this sort of "Type A" personality. Maybe it's a situation of "birds of a feather flock together", as I don't think I could stand to be around someone who was business all the time. The people that know me know that I'm a very laid back and easygoing person, happy-go-lucky, if you will. Maybe I should entertain the idea of becoming "intense guy" for awhile? Nah, that's too much work...

Phil Hartman as President Reagan, Mastermind.



No comments:

Post a Comment