Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Eve Of Destruction

According to some folks, the world is supposed to end tomorrow. Never mind that that the experts on the Mayan calendar have pretty much debunked the theory that the ancient American civilization predicted an apocalypse on December 21, 2012; people have to have something to believe in, right? I think most people are pretty much taking it in stride, I haven't seen any reports of mass hysteria, rioting, or even general malaise, aside from the run on semi-automatic rifles at Wal-Mart. Me? I'm fine; tomorrow will be just another day, the sun will rise, I'll go on my walk, and drink some coffee. Part of me sort of longs for a matte black Interceptor, a sawed off shotgun, and a mangy Australian cattle dog, but I'll settle for my Honda Element, my iPhone, and a goofy black Lab.


2 comments: